Kodak Gallery, Snapfish, Shutterfly, Dropbox, and Google Photos are some of the most popular online photo sharing and storage services. But how do you make a backup of these photos?
To backup your pictures saved from these sites, you will need to download the pictures from your account to your computer. Below are the steps on how to download from each site:
- Select the albums you want to download from MY PHOTOS or select the individual photos from an open album.
- Click the Options menu on the right, and click Download
- Depending on your browser you will likely be asked what you want to do with the file(s) to be downloaded.
- This query is usually whether you want to Save or Open your zipped file, or you may be asked if you want to download more than one file, if you’ve selected more than 50 photos.
- Most browsers download your file(s) to your Download folder by default. If you choose to
- Open the zipped file(s), you can Extract them directly to a folder on your computer.
- If you choose to Save the zipped file(s), first navigate to your Download folder and then double-click a file to open it. Then extract the photos to the folder you want.
- View a picture on a Shutterfly Share Site
- Click the thumbnail to view the full-size image.
- Mouse over the full-size image to see a drop-down menu
- Click the “Download picture” option in the drop-down menu.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Shutterfly account if you are not already. A 1600×1200 copy of the picture will be downloaded to your computer.
- Go to https://photos.google.com/ and select the photos you wish to download by clicking on the top left corner of the image.
- You can choose many or just one.
- When you have all the photos you need, go to the top right and click on the arrow next to the bin. That downloads the photos to your computer.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Find the folder you want to download.
- Click the … (ellipsis) icon to the right of the folder’s name.
- Click Download.
- Your browser will then download the folder as a single compressed file (known as a “ZIP” file).
- Once it’s downloaded, open and decompress the ZIP file to access the contents of your folder.
Once the photos are downloaded to your computer, you can now use the Picture Keeper to backup your photos. To get started, click here
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Picture Keeper Support.