Most Mac users have iPhoto or Photos as their photo organizer. Please follow these steps to restore from your Picture Keeper to your Photos or iPhoto library.
- Plug in the Picture Keeper. You do not need to start the program.
- Open Photos / iPhoto program.
- In the Menu for Photos / iPhoto, near the Apple logo, click File.
- Click Import.
- In the window that opens find and click PKBackup or PKPro in the Side Bar under devices on the left part of the window.
- This displays the files of the Picture Keeper.
- Click the Backup folder to open.
- You should see the name of your phones or computers that were backed up. If you have used the Picture Keeper on multiple devices there will be more than 1 device you can choose from to upload to your computer. Click the name of the device.
In the example below, you can see the backups from 2 computers, “Conference’s Mac mini” and “SUPPORT-PC-1”, displayed in the circle.
- You can open a device to display more specific folder choices or just highlight the name of the device to upload all those pictures.
- Click Review for Import at the bottom right corner.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact Picture Keeper Support.