Some Android phones require you to “unmount” your Picture Keeper drive before removing it from your phone.
Follow the steps below for an easy way to unmount your Picture Keeper Connect from your Android phone.
1. With your Picture Keeper Connect plugged into your Android phone, swipe down from the top of your Android to open the notifications menu and locate “USB Drive.” Then tap on the down arrow to expand the options.
2. Tap on the “Unmount” or “Eject” option on your phone.
3. Wait until the Notification disappears from the drop-down menu or you see the “PKBACKUP unmounted” message.
4. You can now remove your drive from your phone and can use your Picture Keeper to backup your Windows computer.
Please note: Some Android phones require that you unmount USB drives, like Picture Keeper, every time you remove it from your phone.
If your Android does not give you the option to Unmount from the Notifications menu, you can Unmount your drive from your phone’s settings.
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on your phone.
2. Tap “Storage.”
3. Now you can see the name “PKBACKUP” in the Portable storage section.
4. Tap the “Eject” or “Unmount” icon next to “PKBACKUP.”
5. Wait until the drive has been successfully ejected, then you can remove your drive from your phone and can use your Picture Keeper to backup your Windows computer.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com